Wednesday, January 30, 2013

All About Me

My name is Ashley Wilson I am studying early childhood education and am 20 years old. I am from Kane Pennsylvania which is a very small town about two hours from Edinboro. I have two brothers and one sister. I really enjoy playing basketball and my favorite NBA team is the Miami Heat. I also enjoy going snowboarding and cross country sking in my free time. After college I would like to teach kindergarten or first grade.

                          I am not very good at using technology and do not feel that comfortable using technology to learn but am excited to be able too and use new technology to improve and feel more comfortable with it. I feel as though technology is a very important part of learning especially in todays world with there being so much technology out there. I feel like a good way to learn is through technology and there are so many different ways you can use it.

In teaching I also find technology a very helpful and important way in learning. Being able to make powerpoints and present them to your audiance is a great way to  teach and also have other technology resources close by.
  I believe that technology is very meaningful and also important thing in teaching your students.


4 comments:

  1. We are in the exact same major and I'm interested in teaching the same grades as you! I've always wanted to learn how to ski. We both find powerpoint helpful when teaching. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My technology skills are a bit lacking as well, but the best way is to learn through technology I completely agree! I am scared to ski and snowboard even though my friends keep pushing me to!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with your views on technology very much. It will offer so many opportunities for future students to learn that we have not had the pleasure of benefiting from. There is no limit as to how we can help our students learn now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also like the miami heat and want to teach younger grades. I'm okay with technology but, feel like I learn more everytime I come to this class.

    ReplyDelete